How Do I Open A U.S. Bank Account?
Normally a individual needs a USA social security number (or ITIN) and to be present in person at a bank to open a US bank account. We have been able to bypass these requirements with the provision of the following information:
1. Two forms of Identification:
- Copy of ID page of Passport
- Copy of Driver's License
Both of these items MUST be notarised by a US NOTARY. Notarisation by a person of the equivalent position in a foreign country is NOT SUFFICIENT, e.g., an Australian Justice of the Peace is NOT SUFFICIENT.
For a list of US Notaries in your area go to: http://www.notarylocator.com.au/ or do a Google search for a USA notary in your country.
- Full Name
- Foreign Home Address (should match Passport if possible)
- Date of Birth
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Employer and monthly income (with latest pay slips to verify if possible)
The bank representative will need to personally contact you via phone to set up online banking. Our rep at Wells Fargo is currently Justin Ajimine. Ph: +1-702-263-2909 or email Justin.L.Ajimine@wellsfargo.com (contact info below)
A minimum $100 deposit is required to open the account. For convenience you can open multiple accounts at once such as one Savings and two checking accounts. The monthly service fee on an account is waived if you have an automatic transfer of $75 once a month going from checking to savings.
3. Scan and email the above information to your bank representative.
4. Complete Form W-7, Application for IRS Individual Tax Payer Identification Number (ITIN) if you have not already done so and submit direct to the IRS or contact your US accountant for assistance.
South Anthem | 2461 Hampton Rd | Henderson, NV 89052
MAC S4720-011 | AU 70760
Return to top